- Prep: Hot Shower
- Prep: Phoenix Shaving – Cub 2.0 Unscented
- Razor: Edwin Jagger – DE89
- Blade: Feather (2 uses)
- Brush: Stray Whisker – 452/24 Synthetic
- Lather: Ariana & Evans – Kaizen
- Post-Shave: Proraso – Alum Block
- Fragrance: Phoenix Shaving – Clubguy (The Original)
I’m not normally a morning shaver, but with a lazy morning, a morning shave was deserved.
Took my time with building a lather from the Kaizen container, plenty of lather for a two pass head shave with some touch ups. I’m pretty sure I avoided any cuts or nicks across the dome. In the end, it was a pretty decent head shave, but the blade started showing signs of dullness.
Continuing on with the face shave, the lather was thin and soapy. I clearly didn’t load up my brush with enough soap initially. Back to the tub to get some more soap to continue the face shave. Another lather was built, and another two pass shave for the face. Tried something different on my neck, wasn’t a perfect success, but I’ve always had trouble with the neck area.
A quick tidy and clean up around the edges, and followed up with a splash of the original Clubguy.